Learn Data Modeling and Database Design from A to Z, while creating an online store's database model with MySQL.
This course will introduce you to databases and relational database design. Every theoretical notion in this course is followed by several examples to help you better understand database modeling and design techniques. You will learn, by example, while designing a real world online store’s database in simple, incremental steps.
Nowadays, databases are everywhere! Every web application like: Facebook, Google, Booking or even a simple blog uses them. Knowing databases is a MUST for every web developer. If you have no technical skills and plan to join the IT industry, or if you are already a developer who wants to understand more about databases and the backend, or you are simply interested in the subject, then this course is for you.
Sound database design reduces data redundancy to a minimum, improves data retrieval speed and ensures the database will adapt easily to future changes.
In this course you will learn relational database design with step-by-step, practical examples. This video tutorial cover the following topics:
- **What is a database? **
- **How databases work? **The power database indexes.
- What are some different types of database management systems (DBMS)
- **What is a relational database? **What are tables, columns, primary keys, foreign keys, relationships, and much more
- What is database design and **why is database design important? **
- What are the 3 levels of database design? Conceptual, Logical and Physical database design.
- Data modeling and database design tools. You will also learn how to setup MySQL Workbench on you computer and how to use it to design a database
- What database normalization is and how to apply the three normal forms (1NF, 2NF, 3NF)
- What data redundancy means?
- How to design and create database relationships: one-to-one, many-to-one and many-to-many relationships.
- Complete the design of an online store. Create entities and attributes for: products, items, customers, categories, brands, reviews, etc.
- Finally, you’ll learn how to use it’s forward engineering feature to create the actual database on MySQL Server.
Every technical lecture has a screenshot of the database schema.
Enroll now and I’ll see you on the other side!
Who is the target audience?
- Students just getting start with databases
- Non technical people seeking to land a new job in IT
- Frontend Developers wanting to learn more about Databases
☞ SQL Server Baby Step: Installation and Configuration
☞ Learn MS SQL Server From Scratch
☞ SQL Server Analysis Services - SSAS, Data Mining & Analytics
☞ Practice advanced SQL queries with MySQL 5.7+
☞ Mastering SQL Server 2016 Integration Services (SSIS)
☞ PHP connections to MySQL